The Central West team would like to share these prayer requests with you:
- Thank God for the staff and volunteers who make up Young Life’s Central West team. For Heather Gant, who leads the team, Hannah in Warren; Karla, Laura & Drew in Dubbo; Owen & Rachel in Bathurst.
- Pray for the upcoming camps – Wyld Life Camp in October school holidays, and Summer Camp in January. Pray for the young people who are attending – that hearts may be changed; pray for our volunteers – giving thanks for their willingness to come and serve and for patience in signing young people up for camp; pray for safety getting to and from camp, as well as while we are on camp; pray for finances for the young people & volunteers who need financial assistance to attend – may the funds come freely and may we trust in God’s provision.
- Pray for our communities that we have made connections with over the last number of years – Condobolin, Lake Cargelligo, Brewarrina, Wellington, Nyngan, Orange, Oberon. May we be attentive to God’s timing if and when to see Young Life started in these communities.
- Pray for rain. The ongoing drought is causing such deep despair for many of the communities that we know and love. May we use the dry to share faith, may we see people turn to call our God, Father, and please be praying with us for rain to fall across our land.
- Thank God for the faithful staff and volunteers that have been serving this year. They are small in number, and yet incredibly faithful in continuing to show up in young people’s lives.
- Thank God for the position of the Student Support Wellbeing Officer in the two public high schools here in Bathurst. It was a dream of committee’s for almost 10 years, which we saw answered at the end of last year. Pray for Owen, who fills this position.
- Pray for people to rise up and join the Young Life Bathurst committee.
- Pray for wisdom as we vision what 2020 will look like.
- Pray for patience as we navigate some rebuilding of what Young Life looks like in the Bathurst community.
- Pray for Owen and Rachel, our staff workers in Bathurst.
- Thank God for wonderful community engagement with Young Life in Dubbo.
- Thank God for the committee in Dubbo – they are a faithful group of volunteers who deeply care about the mission.
- Pray and give thanks for Macquarie Anglican Grammar School (MAGS) and for our Young Life team as they connect with young people there in the lunchtime group and in the Boarding House.
- Pray and give thanks for Dubbo Christian School, and for our team as they disciple young people in 2 lunchtime groups.
- Pray for Karla, Laura and Drew, our staff workers in Dubbo.
- Thank God for the success of the recent club nights that have occurred in Warren. The Warren team are running club nights a couple of times / term to get to know the young people in town.
- Thank God for the vision of the committee in Warren – their deep desire to see young people in Warren come to know and love Jesus.
- Pray for the team in Warren – may they grow great relationships with the young people of their town.
- Pray for Hannah, our staff worker in Warren. She is going on maternity leave in October, and we are thankful for John, who will fill her maternity leave position. Pray for him in his role.