Become a Volunteer
Young Life comes alongside young people to walk their journey with them.
- Connecting in their world: Offering support and role-modelling
- Making a difference: Instilling confidence and values
- Building resilience: Empowering and equipping to navigate the challenges ahead
Our volunteers are men and women from your community who demonstrate integrity, commitment to the Young Life vision, and the ability to connect with young people. Many were impacted by Young Life as a teenager, and are now committed to building up the next generation.
All of our volunteers are carefully screened by our organisation for the safety of our young people, and undergo a Working With Children Check and Police Check. We also offer internal training to our leaders, to equip them to make a significant, caring and intentional impact on young lives.
If you’ve heard about Young Life operating in your area and would like to play a part, here are some of the many ways you could serve:
- In a school: we often run breakfasts and help out with school programs
- At a Club: helping out with small tasks, being a leader, bringing supper
- At a Camp: helping out on Workcrew or supervising activities
- Area Committee: supporting the Area Manager with behind-the-scenes help
To explore opportunities to become involved in Young Life in your community, contact your local area manager