Become a Volunteer
Young Life comes alongside young people to walk their journey with them.
- Connecting in their world: Offering support and role-modelling
- Making a difference: Instilling confidence and values
- Building resilience: Empowering and equipping to navigate the challenges ahead
Our volunteers are men and women from your community who demonstrate integrity, commitment to the Young Life vision, and the ability to connect with young people. Many were impacted by Young Life as a teenager, and are now committed to building up the next generation.
All of our volunteers are carefully screened by our organisation for the safety of our young people, and undergo a Working With Children Check and Police Check. We also offer internal training to our leaders, to equip them to make a significant, caring and intentional impact on young lives.
If you’ve heard about Young Life operating in your area and would like to play a part, here are some of the many ways you could serve: To explore opportunities to become involved in Young Life in your community, contact your local area manager
If you’ve heard about Young Life operating in your area and would like to play a part, here are some of the many ways you could serve:
To explore opportunities to become involved in Young Life in your community, contact your local area manager
Like many charitable organisations, Young Life Australia has a membership program. Our members include volunteers, committee members and interested members of the public and it’s easy to apply. Just download our information pack for more details.
Please note, you will need to be nominated and seconded by existing members, so please contact our national office and we will advise you on who to speak to in your local area.
- Read the information pack and if you agree, sign the application
- Contact Young Life’s head office on 1300 557 647 for advice
- The application will be sent for review by the Young Life board of directors
- A small annual payment is required – $40 for Associated Members who exercise voting rights at AGMs and special meetings / $20 for Young Life Partners