This document is a guide for Young Life Australia staff and volunteers. We’d like to share it as a source of information for parents, carers and other organisations we work with in partnership.
Young Life Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all staff, volunteers, young people and their families. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 (Novel Coronovirus) and its transmission in the wider community, our commitment is to act responsibly and in line with Health Department guidelines, to look after ourselves and everyone involved in the Young Life network.
- Check your State Health Department website for the latest and reliable updates.
- Protect yourself and others: wash your hands regularly with soap (sing happy birthday to yourself and then rinse), cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Importantly – stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath within 14 days of overseas travel or are in contact with someone else who has COVID-19, seek medical attention: call your GP, Healthdirect on 1800 022 222, or in an emergency, your local hospital emergency department.
- In the event that you believe you have been in close contact with someone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, please ensure that you report to a doctor for testing. Please inform Young Life Australia as well.
- Close contacts of a confirmed case of COVID-19 will be excluded for 14 days since last contact with the confirmed case.
- Any confirmed case of COVID-19 will be excluded until they are medically cleared to return to work.
Young Life Club Precautions – Instructions for Staff
- Inform parents and young people Young Life Clubs and gatherings have been suspended until further notice from Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Request parents inform Young Life Australia if in the next two weeks they or their child:
- develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath or,
- learn they have had close contact with someone who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Please retain records of who attended activities just in case we need to inform health authorities in the future.
Young Life Australia will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and work through the implications of managing the COVID-19 challenge, responding to the relevant Health Department updates as they are announced.
Thank you for your ongoing support with this matter. We will continue to keep you updated.
CEO, Young Life Australia
P: 1300 557 647 E: email@example.com W: younglife.org.au